A versatile writing and editing professional with more than a decade
of web and print experience, spanning a wide range of disciplines
- Writing – disciplines include procedure
mapping, online guidance, sales, marketing, magazine, news,
and internal communications.
- Editing – techniques include light
and heavy edits; finding errors in logic, consistency and
word usage; converting static documentation into interactive
web content (webinization).
- Researching – combining online research
techniques with my historical methodology training.
- Managing Knowledge – obtaining information,
organizing and reapplying it.
- Building Web Pages – manipulating
graphics, source code and content to build or update pages.
- Brainstorming – developing simple
solutions to resolve complex problems.
- Problem Solving – applying a fresh
perspective from my diverse, multi-industry background.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Access,
PowerPoint, Outlook, FrontPage, Image Composer, and Visio
- Adobe Photoshop, ImageReady, Acrobat, RoboHelp, InDesign, InCopy, DreamWeaver and Fireworks
- CyberLink PowerDirector and WaveEditor
- WebEx Meeting
- eMailLabs Enterprise
- Lotus Notes
- Technical Writing – generated
procedure mapping and user instructions at Monster, Granitar
Consulting, Sun Life Financial, and Meditech.
- Web Writing/Editing – created
concise, compelling content at Storage Magazine,
Monster, Millipore, Meditech, WalkforOI.org, Granitar, Waters,
Fidelity, Donovan Group, Sun Life Financial, and Excelergy.
- Sales & Marketing – wrote
the full range of traditional and online marketing collateral
for companies such as Monster, ADS, Waters, SLF, IBT, Excelergy,
Granitar, and Meditech.
- Magazine Production – acquired
and copyedited articles, wrote sidebars, and generally supported
book production at Storage and BioExecutive
- News Reporting – provided
internal and external corporate communications at Granitar,
Meditech, WalkForOI.org, Fidelity, Sun Life Financial, IBT,
- Wordsmith/Webmaster – WalkforOI.org (part
time since 2005) Framingham MA
- Web Content Editor – Millipore (current
since August 2010) Bedford MA
- User Experience Copywriter – Monster.com (2008-2009) Maynard
- Marketing Consultant – Sun
Life Financial (2007-2008) Wellesley MA
- IT Marcom Tech Writer/Analyst – IBT/State
Street (2006-2007) Boston MA
- Managing Editor – BioExecutive
International Magazine (2006) Westborough
- Marcom Manager – Waters
Chromatography (2005) Milford MA
- Account Enrollment Writer – Fidelity
Investments (2004) Marlborough MA
- Copyeditor – Storage Magazine (2004) Needham
- Marketing Writer/Editor – ADS
Financial Services (2003) Quincy MA
- Senior Proposal Writer/Webmaster – Excelergy
Software (2001-2002) Lexington MA
- Communications Specialist – Granitar
Consulting (2000-2001) Framingham MA
- Web Project Manager – The
Donovan Group (1999) Northborough MA
- Senior Marketing Writer/Intranet
Producer – Meditech (1990-1999) Framingham
- Certificate in Internet Technologies – Northeastern
University (1998-2003) Dedham MA
- BA in History (Italian Terrorism) – Merrimack
College (1985-1989) North Andover MA